You make some really awesome games! Keep it up mate!
The Age of Politics
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Current Version 1.1.0, Release History, but the update is available only for windows so far. I will work to make it for linux and mac as well.
This game is all about time progress and empire management.
You are the manager of an empire in the year 0 and you are responsable with the army of the empire, its economy and foreign relations. Can you survive the test of time and rule it more than 3000 years?
This game was made in Unity 3D using MagicaVoxel, blender, Mixamo.com,gimp, Visual studio( the game is written in c#).
This game will be frequently updated and if you want to help me grow this game into something great, please send me any issue, idea or something else.
If you have any issue or idea, please contact me here: Twitter
If you'd like to talk with me and this growing community, you can enter on this game's Discord Server: Discord
- Commerce system( buy\sell goods and build mines);
- four types of materials and their origin factories( farm and mines);
- four types of troops( light,heavy,mounted and artillery);
- two types of ecomonical goods( coins[ money ] and reputation);
- five eras(ancient,medieval,modern,contemporary and future);
- two slots of manual save and one for autosaving;
- three types of events with three events each;
- one winning condition;
- barbarians attacks;
- new 3D models;
- independent country(Enemy Artificial Intelligences);
- monthly trades;
- era Updates;
- new 3D models;
- New improved and more user-friendly UI;
- more manual saving slots;
More resourses; Tradable resourses Multiple languages support; Multiple winning conditions; More settings options; and other crazy ideas, like the ones above.
The game will be updated, but not very often and please be patient, because the next summer, there will be some new great updates. It was a pleasure to make this game!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
On mac version the game is impossible to open(for me), but i found a fix.
1. Right click the game and click Package Contents, then open contents, and last Macos.
2. If the file there opens as a text file go to the next step if not we have different problems.
3. Open Terminal and type chmod a+x (press spacebar and drag the file in MacOS folder here), then press enter. (The file should be named TheAgeOfPolitics)
4. After that the game should work perfectly.
5. Have Fun!
Thank you for the observation and fix. You are a great part of this wonderful community
No problem you made great game and the community should only help to make it better.
If you'd like, you can enter on the Discord server and I will change your role to SUPPORT. That way we can talk about future releases and a medium to test the new updates because I can't test them on a MAC. What do you say?
on windows i cant buy anything but it looks really fun!
I will look into it, but please make sure that you have enough money or resourses. I will come back with an update as soon as posible. Thank you for your opinion;)
EDIT: Can you sent me, please a screenshot with the panel which is not functioning? I've just tested the game on 3 PCs and everything is ok
Skeech did you type the number of items you want to buy in first?
fail... did you even TRY to run the game on Linux ?
you'll realize that you can do absolutely nothing on the startup menu.
can't click on anything, the only thing that is left is to Alt F4. stupid.
I haven't tried the game in the Linux os. I've only build it in Unity in that operating system. I am sorry that I've wasted your time.
Maybe you can wait a little bit. Slower computers tend to be slower at this point in the game, but later you won't feel the speed difference
you are absolutely excused! besides, i couldn't build a game like that myself if i had ten years...
keep doing good and be original. this might just become awesome.
I am glad that you understand this situation. After 1st of August I will grab an Ubuntu copy and I will contact you again after 15th of august( this is the date when I would like to launch the version 0.2.0) or after I manage to solve this problem
you don't need to make it Linux compatible just for me, man. an incredibly small number of independent gamers actually use linux as an entertainment platform. just keep building content, make the game enjoyable and passionate. if you keep it all on windows it's okay, as long as you do your best.